It was built by Giulio Borromeo in 1600 and consecrated in 1607. Damaged several times, it was restored in the 18th century to a design by Antonio Filippi.
The facade - divided by four pilasters with capitals - is surmounted by an elaborated finial, decorated with volutes and a clock in the centre. The main door has a natural stone frame and a curvilinear pediment. The bell tower stands on the north side of the facade, whereas there is a concrete balustrade at the end of the south side. The interior of the church is divided into three naves, a larger one and two smaller, with altars. The crossing is surmounted by a dome - on top of which stands a roof lantern - with a decorated coffered ceiling.
It preserves a valuable painting by Giuseppe Maria Crespi representing the seven Holy Founders of the Order of Servants of Mary (oil on canvas, 1730). In addition to the work of Crespi, Santa Lucia, attributed to Cesare II, Duke of Guastalla, the altar paliots by Giovanni Massa, the Madonna and the Saints by G. B. Bolognini, the Annunciation by Pietro by Antonio Rotari, are of great interest.