Oratory of the Immacolata Concezione
The Oratory of the “Immacolata Concezione” was home to the homonymous Confraternity. It was built right before 1613, in line with the entrance of Villa Torello, by engineer Giuseppe Vacca, Aleotti’s assistant. It was also called “Casa dello Scolaro”, given that the building on the right housed the schools run by the Confraternity. The Oratory consists of a single rectangular hall and an apse, which was added in 1634. The nave is covered by a wooden ceiling in Rococo style. The building is surrounded by balustrades and Ionic columns and preserves the “Assunzione della Vergine”, supported by angels. In 1791, the interior was renovated by adding two side chapels and decorated with stuccoes in Corinthian style.