The 44-meter Tower is located on the west side of the square. It was built between 1599 and 1602, on a design by G. B. Aleotti.
The Tower consists of three dadoes and an octagonal prism. The Classical order may be recognized in the subdivison into Doric, Ionic and Corinthian lesenes. The prism – which houses the civic bells - is an octagonal skylight surmounted by a cylindrical pinnacle, a small dome and a flag.
A sundial is located on the south side of the tower, to regulate the mechanical clock. In the second half of the 18th century, the Tower was reinforced in the foundations by architect Giovanni Battista Aleotti. Under the arch, a plaque commemorates the flood that took place in 1765.